The 10th Health Services and Policy Research Conference was held from 1-3 November 2017 at Surfers Paradise Marriott on the Gold Coast.
The conference theme was “Shifting priorities: balancing acute and primary care services". The conference was presented by the Health Services Research Association of Australia and New Zealand and hosted by the Australian Centre for Health Services Innovation at QUT.
The Health Market Quality Program at CMCRC was well represented with Professor Adam Elshaug from the University of Sydney, one of the CMCRC’s health academics delivering a plenary presentation on the MBS Review and PhD students delivered the following presentations:
- Aidan O’Brien (oral poster) - Defining and measuring potentially preventable hospital readmissions
- Fashid Hajati (oral poster) - Patterns of potential under and overutilisation of lipid testing in the Australian adult population
- Ludovico Pinzari (oral poster) - Development of a tool for the classification and identification of peer groups geographies
- Victoria McCreanor (oral poster) - High-value care for coronary artery disease
- Joanna Khoo (oral presentation) - Understanding the mix of hospital and community-based mental health services funded by the Australian private health insurance sector: a person-level profile
- Kelsey Chalmers (symposium presentation) - Measuring low value care from the private payer perspective
- Tim Badgery-Parker (symposium presentation) - Exploring variation in low value care in the NSW public hospital system
Victoria McCreanor won the best oral poster presentation during her session.
CMCRC PhD Health Students